Yes, cannabis has been shown to relieve pain and can be an effective replacement for oxycodone or opioids.
Why is it important if cannabis can replace oxy?
- Oxycodone is addictive whereas cannabis is not
- 28000 people per year die of oxy overdoses, cannabis users can not overdose
- cannabis has less side effects than oxy
- cannabis is cheaper than oxy pills ($50 – $80 on the street)
I have tried opiates recreationally but only a couple of times. It caused a calming effect over my full body. I felt like I was loved and nestled in the arms of an angel. Besides the pain relief I believe the emotional feelings of drifting away from problems is what cause addiction as much as the physical.
I like to eat cannabis as an edible because it gives a great full body high for 8 hours. Check out my magic brownies.
Do I know anyone that has replaced opiates with cannabis?
Without personal experience in pain management, I thought I would ask friends that have dealt with pain and used both medications.
I have friends that I have met on depressionforums.org which have to deal with chronic consistent pain. They live in states that have medical marijuana and were prescribed cannabis over oxycodone.
- C a teenager says “I use CBD Oil for pain relief and it is working!”
- B a veteran stated “If it weren’t for cannabis I wouldn’t be here!”
If this blog is about anything it is about using cannabis to replace prescription drugs that may be dangerous. I would like to hear more from others including veterans that are having trouble with prescription drugs like oxy.