Having a personal affirmation is like having a why for living, both can change negative thinking to positive thoughts over time. I spent an afternoon at a growth seminar thinking of my personal why for living and what were my passions for life. During that time I developed my own personal affirmation.
“I am a vulnerable, charismatic man, living in abundance.”
My affirmation projects my goal of what I want to be in the future. Some parts of me are already that now. I am very vulnerable about my personal life. Transparent.
One follower commented that she really liked what I had to say and the way I said it.
She told me, “I was honest and authentic. Courageous to share.”
This is written during celebrate Mental Health Week and I wanted to list some personal affirmations, that may help turn negative thoughts into positive thoughts over time. I polled some folks and made a list of some of them.
List of 11 personal affirmations:): I polled my support group)
- I am a sweet, kind, compassionate, strong, beautiful woman living with a horrific illness
- An Indian guru on a beach in Rishakesh read my palm and rolls me that I’d always be ok for money. I decided to believe that and I have been. I may not have much, but I’m always ok.
- It’s ok, not to be ok, I am doing my personal best, breath, on task @ a time, every day is a clean slate. Give your worries to God & pray on it
- I allow only healthy and loving relationships into my life
- I Take the Time to Care for My Body, Mind, and Spirit
- I Am Strong and Capable
- I honor my feelings because it matters how I feel
- My life is expanding and growing in the direction of my hopes, dreams, and goals.
- I am worthy of love, happiness, and fulfillment
- I release my fear and in the process, I let go of my depression
- as long as you are breathing, there is more right with you than wrong with you no matter what is wrong
How would you like to feel about yourself?
What is your personal affirmation?
Something positive you remind yourself about how you feel about yourself or better, How you want to feel about yourself. It is important to our soul to learn to love and appreciate ourselves. Even if the affirmation isn’t where you are today, it should reflect where you want to be in your life.
I would like to know you better.